Ringette Canada offers the following NCCP workshops.
Community Sport – Initiation: First-time coaches and recreational-level ringette coaches will learn to create fun, safe environments while gaining a broader understanding of the game of ringette through this 10 hour in-class and on-ice workshop. More...
Competition – Introduction: This two day workshop provides an exceptional foundation for your coaching career and introduces new coaching methods that will enhance both your coaching and your program’s effectiveness.
Through a mix of classroom and hands-on learning on the ice, this workshop focuses on:
- Preparing coaches to plan and execute fun and safe practices for their players;
- Introducing basic and more complex technical and tactical elements relevant to ringette;
- Providing an opportunity for coaches to practice the above elements on the ice;
- Preparing coaches to plan for an entire season of ringette, ensuring their athletes abilities progress over the course of the season; and
- Ensuring coaches are aware, and understand the guiding principles of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) in order to appropriately plan their seasons.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
- Coaches working with competitive youth players in U12 and higher; and
- Recreational ringette coaches working with older athletes in the Active for Life stage of Long-term Athlete Development.
Competition – Development: This advanced coach training workshop will prepare you to coach highly competitive ringette teams from Canada Games to national team level. Over the course of 27 hours, the identification and planning of the elements required for a consistent and progressive program lasting longer than one season will be covered, as well as how to break down skills and tactical analysis, and developing a comprehensive understanding of the areas and requirements for running an effective high performance ringette program outside of the game environment.
For more information on Ringette Canada’s NCCP workshops, please click here.